In the below guide you’ll find the recommended daily calories for your dog, as well as feeding guidelines based on a diet of Pedigree®. If you are feeding a different brand, please consult the calorie information on-pack and adjust the amount of food accordingly to meet your dog’s recommended daily calories.
- To halve the daily amount of food if you are feeding two meals a day.
- The guidelines are based on your dog getting the right amount of exercise. If your dog has less than 1 hour exercise a day, please reduce quantity by 10%
- The Waltham™ Centre for Pet Nutrition recommends feeding a mixed diet where 50% of calories come from wet food and 50% from dry food.
- The guidelines are based on all of your dog’s recommended daily calories coming from 100% complete Dry or wet food. Please adjust accordingly if you are going to feed any oral care products or treats.
- Please ensure that any ‘non-complete’ treats or food you are feeding your dog accounts for less than 10% of your dog’s daily calories.